Go Local Challenge
Here are the challenges associated with September's theme of 'Go Local':
1. Go to a local market and buy local fresh produce
3. Follow Lynn Ogryzlo's idea! Buy $10 of local or Ontario products every week.
6. Use local maple syrup or honey instead of sugar/sweeteners
4. Try to eat as many meals as possible using only local ingredients in 'go local' month...keep track of
5. Buy local fish at Peacock's or Hellyer's or from the Cape Croker vendors
7. Switch from using imported nuts to using Ontario-grown seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, etc)
8. Write on the Comments page about one challenge or one success...
9. Start saving seeds for next year’s garden- Seed Saving for the Beginner or learn How to Save Seeds - choose one variety of seeds from your or your neighbor’s garden and learn how to save them
10. Read the labels of everything you buy when you get home from the grocery store. How many things
were from Ontario…try to increase that number next time you go shopping.
How does this work?
Peruse the challenges that are listed above. Do some of them appeal to you? Take on one...or all of them! We invite you to try as many of these challenges as you feel you can, and then report back to us about your progress.