It's Element-ary Challenges
We've narrowed it down - these challenges reflect the previous months' challenges.
11. Watch a video to learn more deeply about overpopulation.
2. Get Moving: Ride your bike wherever you can. The BPDS bike rodeo is June 16th
6.Get Energized: March in Toronto for renewable energy on July 4th (check out 350.org or Greenpeace).
10. Watch a video to learn more deeply about climate change.
9. Give GeneRRRRously: When trying to find that 'perfect gift' for birthdays, weddings or other celebrations this summer, think recycled, reclaimed, repurposed...or choose an experiential or a gift item created by a local artisan.
12. Write a letter to our MP (Larry Miller) or MPP (Bill Walker) about one issue that concerns you.
7. Grow Trees: Plant a 'family' tree for graduation/births/deaths/celebrations.
1. Go Local: Choose to eat only seasonal local fruits and vegetables this summer...start a garden or go to the market (9-12 every Saturday in Lion's Head)
4. Go Small: clean out a messy spot (closet/garage/drawer). Give away your gently used items.
8. Get Cultured: Save habitat for pollinators. Leave some corners of your garden with decaying logs, milkweed, wild flowers).
Congratulations to all of the school classes that have taken on each of the monthly challenges and used it as an opportunity to explore and learn more about the world we live in.
Thank you all for taking part in the challenges and events that have been presented during the Simply Living Simply Challenge!
3. Get Less: Buy only 'used' for the month of June
5. Go Natural: Do not use plastic water bottles or single use plastic bags...come make a t-shirt reusable bag on June 17th at BPDS
Don't see this as the end! There are always opportunities to make use of the ideas, challenges and suggestions found on this site.
Download the calendar.
Check out the links.
Sign up for the challenge!
How does this work?
Peruse the 15 challenges that are listed above. Do some of them appeal to you? Take on one...or all fifteen! We invite you to try as many of these challenges as you feel you can, and then report back to us about your progress. Complete 1-5 challenges to be an Budding Acorn, 5-10 challenges to become a Vibrant Leaf, and 10-15 for Mighty Oak status! At the end of our series of challenges, we're hosting a big celebration. Who knows?
There might be prizes, so don't forget to report your successes!